[sles-beta] adding disks online to btrfs filesystem

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Thu May 22 06:49:55 MDT 2014

Hello Martin,

On 2014-05-22 T 13:17 +0100 Martin Jedamzik wrote:

> maybe this is a question for product managment, but I
> think the answer is interesting for all of us.

Yep, this is an excellent question.

> Is the capability of btfrs to add disks online
> supported ? No, nothing fancy about striping or Raid,
> just adding a disk to enlarge the filesystem ;-)

The original plan was, not to support _any_ "RAID"ish
capabilities: and adding disks is in that area.

However, I heard from our Engineering team that this
is an area where we are investigating, and quality
might be on enterprise level already.

Let me go back and ask. Stay tuned....

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com