[sles-beta] Disc config error in Autoyast execution

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Sun May 25 22:44:48 MDT 2014

Team

I did a default SLES12B7 install.

I then took the autoinstall.xml file, opened it in the "autoinstallation"
yast2 module. (BTW, it looks like there is a type on the Yast2 option as it
seems to be called autoinstallatior <= notice the ending 'r' and not 'n' )

I made minor modifications (cloned the machines actual disk config, added a
couple of users, set Root password and change language setting).

All of this passed the "syntax parser" of the "autoinstalltion" module.

When I do an autoyast install using the resulting autoyast file it errors
on the disk configuration (see attached screen shot and copy of autoyast
file).

Could someone more familiar with these files please review to see if the
syntax is correct etc.

If syntax is correct then there is a bug in the autoyast installer, when
processing config files.

If the symtax is incorrect then there is a bug in the "autoinstallation"
yast2 module, in that it allows the creation of an invalid syntax file.

I can raise a SR but would like confirmation as to which of these two
options it should be raised against.

Regards
Darren

--

Darren Thompson

Professional Services Engineer / Consultant

 *[image: cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0]*

Level 3, 60 City Road

Southgate, VIC 3006

Mb: 0400 640 414

Mail: darrent at akurit.com.au <steve at akurit.com.au>