[sles-beta] sysconfig/system/cron

Waite, Dick Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Mon May 26 03:00:17 MDT 2014

Grand Very Wet Morning,

/etc/sysconfig/system/cron in the past used to have a number a helpful variables for keeping ones environment clean and tidy. One looks at SLES v12 to set them up and yet another change, they have all gone or are they in a new place. I have created a SR 10894124441. This would be another are an upgrade / update would have a wobbly or would it know what to do.

I have also created SR 10894113321 with some low priority stuff.

I would like my to keep my environments clean and tidy (Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion) so SUSE if you have moved these, please make sure Update knows where they are and fills them in correctly.

If you don't mind me saying so, some of these changes seem to be for the sake of change. If you do want to change basic stuff like this SUSE one should think of the grand saying "Change is grand, but by evolution, not revolution". Why not have your new idea's in openSUSE for some time, getting all the bugs out and we can try them out, then at the next major SLES / SLED have them in, but keeping backward compatibility, and then if they work, deprecation is the path to follow. This Big Bang has not gone down too well in our shop.

__R

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Dr. Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com