[sles-beta] SLES12 Beta7 x86_64 vmtoolsd now activated automatically?

Kai Dupke kdupke at suse.com
Mon May 26 07:04:19 MDT 2014

Hi Urs,

this is per the request of VMware, to select and install the
open-vm-tools when a VMware hypervisor is identified. This also includes
the auto-activation of the tools, when installed.

I expect to move the support status from external supported to supported
soon. Hopefully this will ease potential concerns.

In case you don't want the tools installed, please deselect them.

Regarding the message in the virtual center, where the tools are
displayed as 3rd party (even this is maintained by VMware), all I can
tell you is that VMware is aware of this and I hope a solution will be
available for this without waiting too long.

greetings kai