[sles-beta] [Sleha-beta] ISCSI issues with SLES12B7 - part2 ( ISCSI 'initiator' driver)

Richard Brown rbrown at suse.de
Wed May 28 02:15:01 MDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 13:33 +1000, Darren Thompson wrote:
> Team
>

> The ISCSI "initiator" does not seem to login/connect to a working
> ISCSI Target (I tested both a SLES12B7 trarget server and a "know
> good/working" SLES11SP3 server).
>

> The ISCSI "discovery" works but I cannot then connect/login to the
> actual targer.
>

> Regards
> Darren

Hi Darren,

In SLE 12 we have only the iSCSI LIO Target and not the ietd iSCSI
Target also available in previous versions

One of the new features of the LIO Target is that it supports proper LUN
mapping - the ability to decide which LUNs are presented to which
Clients/Initiators as which LUN numbers

This *requires* you to fill in the LUN mapping section of the iSCSI LIO
Target in YaST on your target - it pops up after you configure a target,
but if you're not aware of why it's so important, I understand you might
just click next and leave the Initiator/LUN mapping table blank (I did
the same first time round..)

Failure to do this, results in the behaviour you're noticing.

You'll need the 'initiator name' for each iSCSI initiator connecting to
your target, that can be found in /etc/iscsi/initiatorname on each of
your initiators.

Hope this helps,

- Richard

  Richard Brown, QA Engineer
  Phone +4991174053-361,  Fax +4991174053-483
  SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,  D-90409 Nuernberg
  Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer,
  HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)