[sles-beta] [Sleha-beta] ISCSI issues with SLES12B7 - part2 ( ISCSI 'initiator' driver)

Bjoern Lotz bjoern.lotz at suse.com
Wed May 28 07:09:18 MDT 2014

Hi Richard,

On 28.05.2014 14:15, Richard Brown wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 21:44 +1000, Darren Thompson wrote:
>
>> I'm still not able to work out how to bing a single SCSI target
>> to multiple IP addresses (on a mutihomed host). Any hints here
>> on how to do that part (it was easy in SLES11 as it just bound
>> on all configured IP addresses by default).
>
> Darren,
>
> I'm not in a position to test this right now, however I'm 99% sure
> that you can use the following command on your Target server to add
> additional IP addresses to your target

Error message is: addnp requires 3 arguments, help says:
- --addnp=TARGET_IQN TPGT IP:PORT

I assumed TPGT refers to the portal group, which the yast interface
listed as 1 - adding a 1 to the commandline between iqn and IP worked.

> <target name> is that long string that is shown in YaST in the
> Targets list (LIO supports multiple targets, so you might have
> multiple IP's allocated to only 1 or a few of your target..nifty
> feature..)
>
> eg "lio_node
> --addnp=iqn.2014-05.suse.qa:ca790687-c098-4dcb-9f12-b0aea1c1a899
> 10.122.2.65:3260" will add IP address 10.122.2.65 on Port 3260 to
> the Target named
> iqn.2014-05.suse.qa:ca790687-c098-4dcb-9f12-b0aea1c1a899
>
> You should then be able to confirm it's working by
>
> "lio_node --listendpoints"

Worked for me - and with yast on the initiator side the target is
discovered and the message that one should use multipathing appears as
it did with SLES11.

> Which should show you the target name, it's status, it's IP
> addresses (aka Network Portals), and it's LUNS
>
> I would be really surprised if YaST didn't co-exist with such
> manual settings, but if you could test that and report back, that
> would be a great help :)

YaST didn't complain when I started the LIO target module afterwards.

I think you saved me hours of pointless searching for a solution.

Is there some documentation on this somewhere? lio_node --help brings
up a log of options, but there is no manual page for it.

Still unresolved for me is the authentication piece. Connecting to the
target without authentication works, but I didn't manage to connect
when authentication is turned on.

Kind regards,

Björn

- --
Dr. Björn Lotz, Instructional Designer, CISSP
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 89 8639 9664  Mobil: +49 173 5876724
bjoern.lotz at suse.com       PGP-ID: 0xD437D363
SUSE Linux GmbH, Nürnberg; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer