[sles-beta] [Sleha-beta] ISCSI issues with SLES12B7 - part2 ( ISCSI 'initiator' driver)

Richard Brown rbrown at suse.de
Wed May 28 08:15:32 MDT 2014

On 28/05/2014 14:09, Bjoern Lotz wrote:
> > Is there some documentation on this somewhere? lio_node --help
brings
> > up a log of options, but there is no manual page for it.

lio_node is what YaST is using 'under the hood' to interact with the LIO
target - I came to know about it working on some bugs in earlier betas,
but my knowledge is not exhaustive and I can't point you in the
direction of any documentation, sorry.

On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 14:40 +0100, Simon Flood wrote:
> In searching for some docs I came across
> http://linux-iscsi.org/wiki/Lio-utils which notes
>
> --begin--
> Use targetcli[1] instead.
> lio-utils are deprecated and have been superseded by targetcli, please
> see the RTS OS Admin Manual.
> ---end---
>
> and essentially just gives the --help output whereas the targetcli page
> seems more useful and targetcli is included with SLES12 Beta 7.

It's included, but it certainly isn't working on my Beta 7 test
machines.. Reporting that bug, nice catch :)

Regards,

- Richard

  Richard Brown, QA Engineer
  Phone +4991174053-361,  Fax +4991174053-483
  SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,  D-90409 Nuernberg
  Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer,
  HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)