[sles-beta] static libraries

Wendy Palm wendy at cray.com
Wed May 28 11:27:04 MDT 2014

Thanks for the scriptlet - it's what I should have done earlier, but didn't take the time to do.

What I was inadequately getting at is that this is a change in strategy (granted, it's been ongoing for about 5 years) and it would be nice to include that kind of information in some kind of announcement, like in the changelog - that libbz2-devel is no longer going to be provided, or that the glibc static libraries have been moved to ....
This is the first real beta tests that I've been involved in, and maybe I'm expecting too much, too early.
Maybe it's one of the ChangeLogs and I missed it, in which case I apologize for the waste of bandwidth.