[sles-beta] HOSTNAME Problem

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Sat May 31 05:34:26 MDT 2014

Hello,

When I install and configure in YaST2 Networkconfig the Hostname eg. "mein
gross.at"

and I setup a intern NIC (domain) for a IP 192.xxx.xxx.xxx. "mein.klein.prv"

I have hostname -f "mein.klein.prv" I mean this is wrong ?

What reading yast2 ? in /etc/HOSTNAME is "mein.gross.at"

The YaST2 Module LDAP Kerberos .... afterward have by the configuration the
wrong hostname. (Doimain)?

PS.:

I mean I found the Problem (?) YaST2 and "hostname -f" read the first entry in
/etc/host ???
this is

192.xxx.xxx.xxx  mein.klein.prv mein
89.xxx.xxx.xxx    mein gross.at mein

when I change the settings I have the correct Hostname.

89.xxx.xxx.xxx    mein gross.at mein
192.xxx.xxx.xxx  mein.klein.prv mein

But I mean this is a Bug ?

--