[sles-beta] Additional beta and RC milestones to be added to SLE 12 release schedule

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Mon Jun 2 07:49:04 MDT 2014

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!  SUSE CONFIDENTIAL !! SUSE CONFIDENTIAL !! SUSE CONFIDENTIAL  !!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all,

thank you for being an active contributor in our SUSE Linux
Enterprise beta program. Your feedback and efforts contribute
directly to our success, and we value your trust and partnership.
As a key partner, we wanted to make you aware of some upcoming
changes to our SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 platform development and
release schedule, so that you might plan and act accordingly.

SUSE has built a reputation for engineering excellence by
consistently delivering enterprise-quality software products.
SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 represents the next major release of our
popular server platform. To help ensure we meet our feature
objectives and quality standards for our new SUSE Linux
Enterprise 12 family of products, we have decided to incorporate
additional beta and release candidate milestones into our
platform development and launch cycle.

Specifically, we will be adding Beta 8, Beta 9 and RC 4 milestones.
This addition will also result in our first customer ship dates
being moved back a few weeks. The updated release schedule is as
follows:

Date            Milestone
2014-06-06      Beta8
2014-06-18      Beta9
2014-07-11      RC1
2014-08-01      RC2
2014-08-22      RC3
2014-09-12      RC4
2014-October    GMC

Once again, thank you for your help in testing and improving our
code quality. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact
your beta program representative at beta-programs at suse.com

Thank you again for your continued help and support.

Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH  Maxfeldstraße 5          90409 Nürnberg Germany