[sles-beta] SLES12 Beta7 x86_64 Modules and autoyast and yast clone_system??

Peter Varkoly varkoly at suse.com
Wed Jun 4 00:38:47 MDT 2014

Am Dienstag, den 03.06.2014, 09:26 +0000 schrieb urs.frey at post.ch:
> Hi
>
> With SLES12 Beta7 the new module concept got introduced.
> When installing interactively after the subscription registration one
> gets to the screen where one could add some of the new modules.
>
> In a server environment only unattended installation is the used case.
> I wonder how the new module concept will be implemented to autoyast.
> A mechanism to register a subscription and connecting repositories has
> not been implemented to autoyast yet, has it?
This is implemented since SLE11 SP<I do not known>.
  <suse_register>
    <do_registration config:type="boolean">true</do_registration>
    <reg_server></reg_server>
    <reg_server_cert></reg_server_cert>
    <register_regularly config:type="boolean">false</register_regularly>
    <registration_data>
      <email></email>
      <regcode-sles></regcode-sles>
    </registration_data>
    <submit_hwdata config:type="boolean">true</submit_hwdata>
    <submit_optional config:type="boolean">false</submit_optional>
  </suse_register>
This works with a SMT-server too.

> There is a simple use case: automated installation of a classic LAMP
> server.
> SUSE SMT is such a LAMP server. In my environment I have quite a
> number of LAMP server installations.
> How do I get PHP now?
> With SLES11 I can select all software directly and also configure
> directly in autoyast in the software section.
>
> Can I simply add modules as add-on in autoyast?
Yes.