[sles-beta] YaST2 from SSH failing again with SLES12B8

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Fri Jun 13 18:24:05 MDT 2014

Greg

Normally I use:"

ssh -X root@{hostname or ip address}

Once I'm logged in I "normally" can run any x-enabled application and the
screen is forwarded to the x-server running on my desktop (linux)

I can achieve the same on Windows with PuTTY by checking the x-forwarding
option and running a "x-server" (I use x-ming).

I did some more testing and when I'm getting this error (oddly not every
time I connect) I cannot run xterm either so i suspect the issue is in the
underlying xterm that YaST2 is trying to invoke.

Darren

--

Darren Thompson

Professional Services Engineer / Consultant

 *[image: cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0]*