[sles-beta] Help, getting an autoyast build for "multi-user" target

Josef Reidinger jreidinger at suse.com
Mon Jun 16 00:41:55 MDT 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 13:08:34 +1000
"Darren Thompson" <darrent at akurit.com.au> wrote:

> Team
>
> Does anyone have an example autoyast file they can share which
> reliably builds a server to the "multi-user" target (e.g. no
> X/display server running).
>
> Simmilarly, what are the steps for go from a server built to the
> "graphical" target and getting it to reliably boot to the "multi-user"
> target.
>
> The "service-manager" Yast module seems to be able to adjust the
> "target" level but I cannot seem to workout how to get it to accept
> "multi-user" - Am I missing something or is that yast module "broken"?
>
> Any/all help appreciated.
>
> background:
> I have traditionally built my SLES servers with the full graphical
> install. I would then go into 'yast2 run-level' module and in 'expert
> mode' change the default to "run level 3".
> This would allow me to run the servers themselves without any
> graphical display, but I could still SSH into them and run all the
> graphical tools (via x-forwarding).
> I'm hoping to be able to achve the same result with SLES12
>
> Regards
> Darren

Hi Darren,
my quick check of services manager xml schema -
https://github.com/yast/yast-services-manager/blob/master/src/autoyast_rnc/services-manager.rnc
show that what you are looking for can be
<services-manager>
  <default_target>multi-user</default_target>
</services-manager>

If this do not work, then it is probably bug and we need to check it
together with logs what can go wrong.

Josef