[sles-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SLE Workstation Extension 12 Beta8 is available

Jan Weber jweber at suse.com
Mon Jun 16 05:36:08 MDT 2014

Hi Simon,

On 06/16/2014 01:31 PM, Simon Flood wrote:
> On 06/06/2014 20:55, Frederic Crozat wrote:
>
>> we are happy to announce Beta 8 release of
>>
>>           SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12
>>
>> (this is the new name of the previously named SLED Extension)
>
> Maybe I missed a message and/or webinar but what is SLE Workstation
> Extension (pka SLED Extension)?
>
> Is this a SLES-only thing or does it also relate to SLED?
>
> It sounds like it either turns SLES into SLED or adds desktop
> capabilities(?) to SLES. If so, not something I want to do.

It is adding further desktop capabilities to SLES, for those that need
both Server and Desktop technologies. We did get some requests for
Desktop only packages to be available for SLES as well, for a larger
variety of different packages, this is the best way we can offer this in
a supportable way.

Jan

--
Jan Weber          E jweber at suse.com      SUSE Linux Products GmbH
Product Manager    M +49(179)4573255      HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)