[sles-beta] YaST authentication client

Milisav Radmanic radmanic at suse.com
Mon Jun 16 08:33:00 MDT 2014

Am 08.06.2014 15:41, schrieb Sander van Vugt:
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to understand the authentication client module in YaST to set
> up LDAP client authentication to my (confirmed working) LDAP server. I
> think the setup of the module is confusing, it’s just a yast interface
> to sssd.conf, but it doesn’t really add any meaning. Is this going to be
> enhanced? Or: if I’m missing the clue, is there any documentation of
> this module where I can read how to use it?

The documentation will improve soon.
Currently there is no plan to expand the configuration options offered
by the according YaST-module.
The authentication module is limited to the bare minimum that is
required in order to create a successful setup.
Users who want to do expert settings will need to edit the configuration
file itself.

Providing the "URI" and the "base dn" usually is enough to connect a
client to a LDAP-service. If there are issues, please provide your
configuration files.

best regards
Milisav

--
Milisav Radmanic
Sr. Engineering Manager SUSE Linux Enterprise Applications