[sles-beta] SLSE12 - Activation codes and mirror account details

Jiri Srain jsrain at suse.cz
Fri Jun 20 03:19:33 MDT 2014

On 06/20/2014 10:45 AM, Darren Thompson wrote:
> Matthais
>
> Thank you for the responses. It would have been nicer/tidier if we could
> have had "clean" SLES12 codes to use so that out SLES11 subscriptions
> don't get crudded up with test systems etc.
>
> There is a SMT beta mailing list!!!!
>
> What is the mailing list address please?

The announcement went out on sles-beta, see

http://lists.suse.com/mailman/private/sles-beta/Week-of-Mon-20140609/001032.html

It includes the information how to get and install it, as well as
pointers to the mailing list.

> On 20 June 2014 18:39, Matthias G. Eckermann <mge at suse.com
> <mailto:mge at suse.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello Darren and all,
>
>     On 2014-06-20 T 18:19 +1000 Darren Thompson wrote:
>
>      > I have to admit that I have been just skipping past
>      > the registration screen so far.
>      >
>      > With the imminent SLSE12B9 I want to start testing
>      > registration, updates and SMT.

Please, be aware that SMT was tested with Beta8. AFAIK Beta9 switches to
newer version of the SCC API, which is not supported by the released SMT.

I intend to release an update of SMT as soon as possible, after some
testing with Beta9, however, I cannot give any ETA at the moment. For
now, please, use Beta8 for testing against SMT.

Jiri

>      > I seem to have missed the information on how to get a
>      > valid "evaluation" code for SLES12 and SLES12HA?
>
>     just use a valid SLE 11 code, either a real one or an
>     evaluation code, as you get it from the download site.
>
>     My understanding is that during the beta phase the use
>     of a valid SLE 11 code will not be "accounted" for.
>
>      > Also how do I get the equivalent of "mirror
>      > credentials" for SCC to feed into SMT?
>
>     The SLE 11 "mirror credentials" do work for me: I am
>     are using the SMT Beta code as announced by Jiri.
>     Please consult the README provided in the SMT Beta
>     download directory for advice, how to migrate an
>     existing, NCC based, SMT to SCC. Make sure to have a
>     backup of your SMT configuration and data, just in case
>     you have a need to go back.
>
>     Btw.: this would be a good question for the SMT Beta
>     mailinglist! Hint, hint, ...
>
>     so long -
>              MgE
>
>     --
>     Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux
>     Enterprise
>     Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail:
>     mge at suse.com <mailto:mge at suse.com>
>     SUSE LINUX Products GmbH  Maxfeldstraße 5          90409 Nürnberg
>     Germany
>     GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG
>     Nürnberg)
>

> --
>
> Darren Thompson
>
> Professional Services Engineer / Consultant
>
> *cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0*
>
> Level 3, 60 City Road
>
> Southgate, VIC 3006
>
> Mb: 0400 640 414
>
> Mail: darrent at akurit.com.au <mailto:steve at akurit.com.au>
> Web: www.akurit.com.au <http://www.akurit.com.au/>

Jiri Srain
Project Manager
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                            e-mail: jsrain at suse.com
Lihovarska 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 084 659
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 284 084 001
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.com