[sles-beta] Suggestion to speed up installs/Upgrades/patching for "future" SLE

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Mon Jun 23 02:25:52 MDT 2014

Frederic

I'm seeing the "multiple dracut initrd regenerations" during SLES12 beta9
so it's still very much evident in SLES12.

According to Matthias (you replied to his email), the issue was already
considered and the spedup was rejected in favour of maintaing package
stability (in the event of a crash during upgrades).

Using RPM "transaction" does seem like a good option, perhaps some more
discussion between the 'coders' may be warranted.

Darren