[sles-beta] Suggestion to speed up installs/Upgrades/patching for "future" SLE

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Mon Jun 23 04:41:34 MDT 2014

Hello Darren and all,

On 2014-06-23 T 14:44 +1000 Darren Thompson wrote:

> In any case, as a beta tester I understood my role was to
> "make observations" and I still feel that this was a
> reasonable suggestion.

yes, no doubt: the observation is correct (guess what: I
complained about the same in the SLE 11 SP3 context), and
your suggestion (fresh install != upgrade) is also
reasonable. For now, we'll keep it this way, but for the
Service Packs we will re-evaluate, how we can improve here.

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com