[sles-beta] Installation with SMT

Jiri Srain jsrain at suse.cz
Tue Jun 24 06:07:55 MDT 2014

Hello,

On 06/23/2014 01:29 PM, Datacenter/DFS wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> we had installed the new SMT (beta) on a SLES11 SP3. We configured SMT to mirror SLES12 pool+updates.
>
> Now we are about to install a fresh SLES12 beta8 and want to register it to the SMT _before_ installation (that's a new sles12 feature).
>
> Therefore the Registration Page in Yast provides the ability to configure network (ip, dns, gateway) right at the beginning of the installation process (Button upper right "Network Configuration").
>
> The Registration Page further asks for "Email" and "Registration Code".
> When proceeding with or without entering any Email/RegCode the system seems to try to contact nu.novell.com (though I did not confirm this) - popup "Contacting Registration Server". After a timeout I get an error since our systems do not have internet access - popup "Error Registration Failed".
>
> Following Questions:
> How can one enter a local SMT server?

Just put the registratioan URL, like

regurl=http://<hostname>/connect

to the AutoYaST profile to the registration section, see

https://github.com/yast/yast-registration/blob/master/src/autoyast-rnc/registration.rnc#L22

> How would one configure a proxy to contact either local SMT or nu.novell.com?

Don't understand this question...

> How is the network PRE-configured with autoyast.xml?

You can put the network configuration to the AutoYaST profile, via the
<networking> section.

> How is the SMT registration configured with autoyast.xml?

See above.

Jiri