[sles-beta] Installation with SMT

Stefan Schubert schubi at suse.de
Tue Jun 24 09:13:51 MDT 2014

<This does not seem to work (perhaps a bug?). The items in the <networking/> section are ignored in YaST's early stage.
<
<The network settings also do not work after the installation is finished but that's another story.
<The problem seems to be that systemd does not start wicked by default.
<I do not know whether wicked and system are also used in YaST's early stage.

Yes, you are right. This is a bug which has been fixed in yast2-network today:

Tue Jun 24 10:00:47 CEST 2014 - schubi at suse.de

- bnc#883718
   Taking wicked as default in autoyast installation.
- 3.1.67

So, I fear that the registration cannot work at all without network.

Greetings
Stefan

Stefan Schubert
e-mail: schubi at suse.de