[sles-beta] Support status for Citrix XenServer?

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Wed Jun 25 14:47:12 MDT 2014

Will SLES 12 be supported by SUSE as a guest operating system on Citrix XenServer?  SLES 11 works beautifully.  I have not been able to get a working installation of any of the betas on there using a SLES template. If I use the "other install media" template, I can get a functioning HVM install, but if I use one of the proper templates for paravirtualization, I cannot get a working install.  Obviously, the HVM is an inefficient virtualization method on Xen, and is not recommended.

So my questions are:
1.  Will XenServer be supported, either officially or best-effort?
2.  Has any effort been put into testing SLES 12 as a XenServer guest?
3.  Has anyone gotten it to work as a paravirtualized guest? (I can make it work HVM)

I have a full multi-node XenServer configuration running 6.2.x, and would be glad to offer whatever assistance is needed with testing/troubleshooting this.

Thanks.
Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield