[sles-beta] Installation with SMT

Josef Reidinger jreidinger at suse.cz
Thu Jun 26 05:31:58 MDT 2014

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 12:49:05 +0200
<Joerg.Reisenweber at btc-it-services.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here's our SMT registration snippet:
>
>   <suse_register>
>     <do_registration config:type="boolean">true</do_registration>
>     <reg_server>https://IPADDR/center/regsvc/</reg_server>
>     <reg_server_cert></reg_server_cert>
>     <register_regularly
> config:type="boolean">true</register_regularly> <registration_data/>
>     <submit_hwdata config:type="boolean">true</submit_hwdata>
>     <submit_optional config:type="boolean">true</submit_optional>
>   </suse_register>
>
> I don't know if this is still compatible with SLES 12. Give it a try.
>
> Jörg

Hi,
I compare it with our schema in yast2-registration and few keys are not
longer handled:
- register_regularly
- submit_hwdata
- submit_optional
- registration_data

and the other hand there is new keys:
- email ( email you pass in dialog )
- reg_code ( regcode for base product )
- install_updates ( boolean to provide answer for dialog if install
  with online update repositories )
- slp_discovery ( if yast should use slp to discover server )
- addons ( to specify addons )

so snippet can look like ( note that we are still in beta and can be
changed. We will definitivelly change addon subtree part as there is still some missing attributes )

  <suse_register>
    <do_registration config:type="boolean">true</do_registration>
    <reg_server>https://mysmt</reg_server>
    <reg_server_cert>text of our own certificate</reg_server_cert>
    <email>jreidinger at suse.com</email>
    <regcode>my secret SLES regcode</regcode>
    <install_updates config:type="boolean">true</install_updates>
    <slp_discovery config:type="boolean">false</slp_discovery>
    <addons>
      <addon>
        <name>addon name</name>
        <regcode>addon regcode</regcode>
      </addon>
    </addons>
  </suse_register>

if you have trouble do not hesitate to write it.

Thanks
Josef