[sles-beta] SLES 12 for VMware?

Kai Dupke kdupke at suse.com
Thu Jun 26 06:03:27 MDT 2014

On 06/26/2014 12:26 PM, Simon Flood wrote:
> Given VMware's End of Availability announcement of SLES for VMware[1] am
> I right in thinking that there won't be a SLES 12 for VMware?

We will continue to work with VMware with respect to technical and
business cooperation, but yes, we will not do a SLES 12 for VMware.

> I'm also guessing that the upgrade path from SLES 11 for VMware to SLES
> 12 will be via SLES 11 (not for VMware) in which case TID 7015096[2]
> would seem applicable.

You should be able to upgrade a SLES 11 SP3 for VMware system to SLES 12
just by using the SLES 12 media.

Of course you need a SLES activation code to get access to the SLES
channels.

greetings
Kai Dupke
Senior Product Manager
Server Product Line
Phone:  +49-(0)5102-9310828     Mail: kai.dupke at suse.com
Mobile: +49-(0)173-5876766      WWW:  www.suse.com

SUSE Linux Products GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nurnberg)