[sles-beta] "/var/lock/subsys" missing in SLES12

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at suse.com
Mon Jun 30 01:53:23 MDT 2014

Le dimanche 29 juin 2014 à 23:59 -0700, Nikita Kodkani a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> Earlier in SLES11sp3, “/var/lock/subsys” was being used for
> maintaining locks. Looks like in SLES12 it has been removed.
>
> Is it deprecated or missing in current beta release?
>
> If it’s deprecated what is the recommended way  to add locks in
> SLES12?

/var/lock is now a symlink to /run/lock (which is a tmpfs).

Those locks were using by RH initscripts to prevent restarting
initscripts, which is now longer used with the switch to system.

I would recommend you just write your file in /var/lock (or /run/lock)
directly.

--
Frederic Crozat
Project Manager Enterprise Desktop