[sles-beta] Recent Autoyast Documentation

Stefan Schubert schubi at suse.de
Mon Jun 30 04:16:59 MDT 2014

Hi,
the "latest" documentation can be found here:
http://docserv.suse.de/documents/SLES12/SLES-autoyast/pdf/book.autoyast_remarks_color_draft_meta_en.pdf

But we really have to update it. Sorry for being so late :-(

A nice example for asking network settings has been posted
by a customer in bugzilla sometime ago:

     <ask-list config:type="list">
       <ask>
         <pathlist config:type="list">
           <path>networking,dns,hostname</path>
         </pathlist>
         <question>Enter Hostname</question>
         <stage>initial</stage>
         <default></default>
         <file>/tmp/ask_hostname</file>
         <dialog config:type="integer">1</dialog>
         <element config:type="integer">1</element>
    </ask>
       <ask>
         <pathlist config:type="list">
           <path>networking,interfaces,0,ipaddr</path>
         </pathlist>
         <question>Enter IP-Address</question>
         <stage>initial</stage>
         <default></default>
         <default_value_script>
           <source><![CDATA[host `cat /tmp/ask_hostname` | grep address | cut -d
" " -f4]]></source>
         </default_value_script>
         <dialog config:type="integer">2</dialog>
         <element config:type="integer">1</element>

  </ask>
     <ask-list config:type="list">

More general examples for the asking can be found here:
https://github.com/yast/yast-autoinstallation/blob/master/test_xml/ask.xml
https://github.com/yast/yast-autoinstallation/blob/master/test_xml/ask2.xml

You can suppress rebooting by using these settings in the general options:

         <final_reboot config:type="boolean">false</final_reboot>   <! -- since 11.0 -->
         <final_halt config:type="boolean">false</final_halt>       <! -- since 11.0 -->

Greetings
Stefan Schubert