[sles-beta] Recent Autoyast Documentation

Klaus Gmeinwieser Klaus.Gmeinwieser at oce.com
Mon Jun 30 05:03:28 MDT 2014

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your quick answer. Unfortunately my proxy tells me the link
(to the pdf) is broken - maybe not suse.de?

Anyway, I used the SLES11 SP3 doc, which leads to the following -
similar code:

   <ask-list config:type="list">
   <ask>
     <path>networking,dns,hostname</path>
     <question>Enter Hostname</question>
     <default>Popup</default>
     <stage>initial</stage>
   </ask>
   <ask>
     <path>networking,dns,domain</path>
     <question>Enter Domain</question>
     <stage>initial</stage>
     <default>for.the.domain</default>
   </ask>

As I see, I am missing the inner pathlist tag, but with SLE12 Beta9 the
whole "ask tree" is completely ignored!
I can start installation, but this leads to a system with a root
password I do not know, I set it in the autoyast file.

So I need to find out what I missed within the file :(

Pls. check for the pdf link, if it is accessible from outside SUSE, so I
can correct my file

Thx in advance & Rgds
Klaus