[sles-beta] YaST2 ???

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Mon Jun 30 08:26:12 MDT 2014

Hello Lukas,

Am Montag, 30. Juni 2014, 12:48:46 schrieb Lukas Ocilka:
> On 30.6.2014 09:56, Günther J.Niederwimmer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > have we a docu what the new Yast2 can configure and what is deleted?
> >
> > The most of the featcher is gon.
> >
> > I mean all for the consumer nice featcher are deleted.
> >
> > I tested a master Ldap / kerberos installation, this is not possible with
> > Yast2 also the Mirror config is broken usw.
> >
> > The nice quick view for ldap is gon.
> >
> > What can we do with the new YaST2?

> The whole LDAP/Kerberos stuff has been rewritten for SLE 12 by Peter
> Varkoly and Christian Kornacker. We have now two new Yast modules that
> replace the old functionality:
>
>    * yast2-auth-server
>    * yast2-auth-client

I have make a #SR ;-)

> Could you, please, give us your use case where you would describe what
> you need to configure and what are your expectations from this
> configuration? We can try to help you, but we need to know what the
> problem is.

My testing scenario is a Master server with kerberos and Mirroring.

In the moment I have no chance to do this

The Mirroring Module I mean is broken, I have always a fallback to "normal"
Ldap Module, I don't know what this Module like to do.

Is the nice ldap Viewer gone :-(

Thanks, but I can't found a Documentation for this new Modules.
--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer