[sles-beta] Disabling IPv6 during install

Richard Brown rbrown at suse.de
Wed Jul 16 11:00:48 MDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-07-16 at 17:20 +0100, Simon Flood wrote:
> With SLES12 (not specifically with Beta 10) I don't think it's possible
> to disable IPv6 during a manual install.
>
> At the registration screen you can choose to configure network settings
> but there's nothing IPv6 there (which is where I'd expect it - on
> General screen as per SLES11).
>
> Unless of course I'm missing something.
>
> Oh and yes we have some existing SLES11 servers that are IPv4-only.
>
> Thanks,
> Simon

One way you can control this is by boot parameters

ipv4only=1 will enable only IPv4 during installation

For reference, these are the related boot parameters you can use to
control this kind of behaviour

ipv4=1/0 - enable/disable IPv4
ipv6=1/0 - enable/disable IPv6
ipv6only=1 - enable only IPv6 during installation
ipv4only=1 - enable only IPv4 during installation

Hope this helps

--

Richard Brown
QA Engineer

Phone +4991174053-361
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,  D-90409 Nuernberg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)