[sles-beta] Docker's implementation on SLES 12 beta10

Antoine Ginies aginies at suse.com
Fri Jul 18 06:46:41 MDT 2014

Bonazzoli Giandomenico - Technogym SPA:
> Hi all,
> I want to share with you a little workaround for SLES 12 Beta10 in order to have docker working.
>
> If you get a Certificate Error tring to pull an Ubuntu image for example:
>

> empire:/ # docker pull ubuntu
> Pulling repository ubuntu
>
> 2014/07/08 07:56:18 Get https://index.docker.io/v1/repositories/ubuntu/images: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority
>
> You have to run  the following command:
>
> /usr/lib/ca-certificates/update.d/certbundle.run

Hello,

as root user:
----------------------
update-ca-certificates
systemctl restart docker
----------------------

it's enough without any reboot.

> I renew my yesterday's question : is there some documentation about Docker's implementation on SLES 12 ?

A basic Docker quick start guide will be shipped with SLE12.

> I'm looking also for the hub or site where download some vanilla SLES11 or SLES12 docker's images.
>
> My primary scope is to fire up containers for running Legacy Applications such SAP Business Objects, Baan, etc that at the moment are running as fat  Virtual Machines on VM Ware.

Due to license restriction, we can not yet put SLE docker's image on the
official repositorie. I hope we will find a solution to solve this license
problem before the SLE12 launch.

Thanks for your feedback and testing SLE12 beta.
Regards.

--
Antoine Ginies <aginies at suse.com>
Project Manager