[sles-beta] Changing "run level" post built (Going from Graphical to text and vice versa)

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Thu Jul 24 19:09:45 MDT 2014

Gregory

Thanks for replying.

I'm aware that both init 3 and init 5 are "multi-user"

Since SLES12 is now using systemd as the 'init' system, the old "run
levels, e.g. Init 3, init 5  etc" do no longer actually exist. Instead
there are now "target run levels"

The "fully graphical" target level (functionally equivalent to the old init
5 level) is now called "GUI.target"
The "fully networked but command shell only" target level (functionally
equivilent to the old init 3 level) in now called "muti-user.target"

It is in this context that I use the terms "GUI" and "Muti-user"

The previous email was the process to change the default "target run level"

But in any case, the build process for a machine that is installed/run only
at "multi-user" target level is still not correct 9I have not fully tested
SLES12B10 yet so this could have changed). I centrainly could not get a
reliable "muli-user target: build running with autoyast.

Regards
Darren

--

Darren Thompson

Professional Services Engineer / Consultant

 *[image: cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0]*