[sles-beta] Beta10 - Autoyast

Stefan Schubert schubi at suse.de
Fri Jul 25 01:41:40 MDT 2014

Hello,
thanks for the feedback

Am 22.07.2014 15:32, schrieb Ronny Pretzsch:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for the new beta 10.
>
> Good news first:
> ================
> (1)
> Manual installation: Early Network config works.
> SMT registration works.
> (although there pops up a failure, see below)
>
> (2)
> Autoyast works in general, chroot- and post-scripts are executed
>
> (3)
> Autoyast network config is functional.
>
> (4)
> The suse firewall is configured according to autoyast.xml
There is still an open issue regarding generating the settings:
Bug 887406 - Build0559: AutoYaST doesn't clone firewall settings
So "yast clone_system" generates the right one :-)

> (5)
> Tmpfs is exported to /root/autoinst.xml
There has been a bug which is fixed for RC1.
In some cases following wrong entry will be generated.

     <drive>
       <device>/dev/tmpfs</device>
       <initialize config:type="boolean">true</initialize>
       <partitions config:type="list"/>
       <pesize/>
       <type config:type="symbol">CT_TMPFS</type>
       <use>all</use>
     </drive>

Please remove it manually for testing.

> Bad News:
> =========
> (1)
> First try with our autoyast.xml failed: The system did not reboot into stage 2.
> The reason was that the /boot Partition was not activated.
> I already reported this here some weeks ago.
>
> A workaround is to set "activate" explicitly in autoyast.xml:
>      <bootloader>
>        <global>
>          <activate>true</activate>
>          <boot_boot>true</boot_boot>
>          <generic_mbr>true</generic_mbr>
>        </global>
>        <loader_type>grub2</loader_type>
>        <sections config:type="list"/>
>      </bootloader>
>
> In SLES11 "activate" was obviously true by default. Why not in SLES12?
> In the manual Yast GUI it is pre-selected, so it should be default in autoyast.
> (We do not use btrfs, we use LVM, ext-filesystems and a separate boot partition)
> But we can live with it.

But please open a bug report for it.
> (2)
> The network config from autoyast.xml is not applied in Stage 1.
> Thus the system would register to the customer center or SMT with wrong Hostname, IP, ...
> In our case it is even impossible to register due firewall / proxy settings.
> We mentioned this before on the list and on bug reports, too.
Could you please point us to the bugzilla entry ?

> (3)
> We do not install X11 components. Thus in Stage 2 yast should run in textmode.
> But it runs in blank screen mode.
> Next thing we see after reboot is the login prompt.
This is fixed now.
> (3)
> The resulting /root/autoinst.xml does not contain the previously configured
> SMT Server.

Could you please open a bug report ?

Thanks again for detailed report.

Greetings