[sles-beta] klogd

Stefan Behlert behlert at suse.com
Mon Jul 28 07:14:51 MDT 2014

Hi,

On Jul 17, 14 11:32:41 -0500, Russ Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:28:02AM -0500, Tony Ernst wrote:

> > > Checking ChangeLog file it was deliberate:

> > > ------------------  2014-5-14  -  May 14 2014  -------------------
> > >
> > > ++++ patterns-sles:
> > >
> > >   - base.txt:
> > >   - klogd removed [bnc#876665]
> >
> > I saw that, but it doesn't really explain why it was removed.

klogd is not really used by anything anymore, thus we removed it.

[...]
> FWIW, looks like 21 packages removed, 17 added.
[...]

Yes, some of those were renames/obsoletes by others.
E.g. yast2-branding-SLES got renamed to yast2-branding-SLE as it is used by
several products, thus reducing the amount of confusion possible.

As we had no RC1 but a Beta10, the changes were more than I liked, but
better then than in the RC phase...

For the next milestone, I expect a few changes due to the
'ruby-version-versioning' of the rubygems (means, we make it now clear in
the dependency and package names which ruby-version is required for a
rubygem, not leaving it to guesswork by admins).

You will also see some packages that get moved out of modules to SLES core,
mostly in the python-area.

After RC1 is released, the changes in the package lists should be close to
zero. Targetted is of course zero, but I cannot exclude the probability ;)

        Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX
Project Manager Enterprise Server

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg; GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)