[sles-beta] SLES12 x86_64 beta RC1 autoyast network installation not working

urs.frey at post.ch urs.frey at post.ch
Tue Aug 5 02:42:48 MDT 2014

Hi Darren
It is not autoyast, it is linuxrc causing problems with the network configration.
I am not yet in yast, no autoinst.xml profile fetched yet.
I am at the very beginning, trying to configure the network in linuxrc getting a connection to me network install server to fetch autoinst.xml later

In the changelog Beta10-RC1 I can see the following entries concerning linuxrc

-------------------------------------
o Updated linuxrc (security/bugfix/feature)

- fix point-to-point interface handling (bnc #889580)
- 5.0.8
- pass along hostname if explicitly set (bnc #889374)
- 5.0.7
- add missing break
- more dead code cleanup
- fix evil nameserver config bug
- make debugwait option more useful
- make log file script behave
- 5.0.6
- remove more parts of old network code
- remove obsolete config.netdevice
- 5.0.5
- ui directly uses new network code, remove obsolete code
- remove obsolete yast2_color var
- remove sax2 option
- don't write network info into /etc/install.inf
- remove obsolete pcmcia code
- 5.0.4
- fix network setup
- 5.0.3
- use wicked to setup static network config
- support ptp setups and accept global default netmask value for all ips
- put copy of old-style config into new config
- better internal logging of network config entries
- 5.0.2
- continue network code reworking:
- fix network re-config (bnc #887841)
- move network setup into separate menu item
- move various net_activate_s390_devs() calls into a single place
- unify network config code
- remove obsolete code
- 5.0.1
- fix proxy handling in linuxrc
- 5.0.0
- avoid server name resolution
- don't resolve proxy name
- enable ipv6 by default
- clean up cifs and nfs code
- fix segfault and accept ipv6 netmasks (bnc 887501)
- 4.2.45
---------------------------------

So there have been many changes
Obviously the network configuration in the linuxrc process has changed and therefore the info file parameters

Best regards

Urs Frey
Post CH AG
Informationstechnologie