[sles-beta] SLES12 x86_64 linuxrc network configuration not working, automated installation not possible

urs.frey at post.ch urs.frey at post.ch
Tue Aug 5 08:08:06 MDT 2014

Hi Richard

>I understand your frustration, but if you are able to provide Steffen

>with the logs he's requested and/or testing his suggested

It is not that I do not want to, but there are simply too many thins missing, mixed up and wrong.

As you can see below, I tried to boot using debug.wait=net:2501 and I entered the shell, but this shell is not usable on v-sphere VMWare ESXi console

Here my protocol

[cid:image001.png at 01CFB0C4.0B93ADE0]

[cid:image002.png at 01CFB0C4.922B3EE0]

I used again ALT-F9 and on this screen I entered

# ifdown eth0

# ifup eth0

This way I could start the network and the installation.

Autoyast second stage. As you can see, on the black screen nothing can be really seen the right way

[cid:image003.png at 01CFB0C6.EE98D3C0]

After the installation I would of course see the linuxrc.log=/foo.log file but nothing can be found

So how to continue??

[cid:image004.png at 01CFB0C6.EE98D3C0]

So how to provide a log file for further treatment and debugging, when this logfile is not persistent in the system and can not be found after installation?

See, all this takes a lot of time, where I do not have credits anymore

Of course I would be interested in having a working SLES12. But the way to there is to frustrating at the moment

Best regards

Urs Frey

Post CH AG

Informationstechnologie