[sles-beta] RC1 NRPE Package (nagios)

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Thu Aug 7 06:55:45 MDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 07, Ronny Pretzsch wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 13:14 +0200, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 06, Ronny Pretzsch wrote:
> >
> > > 1 source package to install.
> > > Overall download size: 438.1 KiB. Already cached: 0 B  After the
> > > operation, additional 447.1 KiB will be used.
> > > Continue? [y/n/? shows all options] (y):
> > > Media source 'http://install.prod.bk.dfs/sles12-64' does not contain the
> > > desired medium
> >
> > The URL looks wrong.
> > You should have something like:
> > http://install.prod.bk.dfs/sles12-64/DVD1
> > http://install.prod.bk.dfs/sles12-64/DVD2
> >

> The URL is correct. Otherwise "zypper search" would not work at
> all and I could not install other packages. But I can.

Your setup does not work as you see above: zypper cannot find your
source RPM.

> Behind that URL is DVD1 only - I did not use DVD2 in any way.
> To my knowledge DVD2 contains only srpms and is not necessary for installation.

Correct, byt you tried to install a source RPM:
"We tried to install the srcpackage".

> If the nrpe srcpackage is on DVD2 (what I assume) then "zypper search" must not find nrpe srcpackage as the metadata of DVD1 should not contain any (src)packages from DVD2. Or am I getting anything wrong?

The meta data on DVD1 contains all RPMs of that product,
regardless on which DVD it is. This is the case since over
15 years for all products shipped on multiple medias and hasn't
changed.
And if your installation setup would be correct (DVD1 and DVD2
at the end of the URL), zypper could switch correctly between
the medias. If you burn the ISO images to a media, zypper will
ask you to switch the DVD.

  Thorsten