[sles-beta] RC1 NRPE Package (nagios)

Stefan Behlert behlert at suse.com
Wed Aug 13 01:09:47 MDT 2014

Hi,

On Aug 11, 14 12:47:28 +0200, Ronny Pretzsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > > Thus the question if the nrpe daemon (nrpe tcp-server)
> > > is going to be included in any SLE12 product.
> >
> > Similar to the nagios-plugins (which have been renamed to
> > monitoring-plugins), the nrpe stuff will be renamed to
> > monitoring*nrpe-*.
>
> This is not the answer to my question!
> Again: Will the nrpe tcp-server (/usr/bin/nrpe) be included
> in SLE12 or do I have to get it from some place else (e.g.
> buildservice)?

I can confirm:
nrpe will be on the RC2 media. It contains '/usr/sbin/nrpe' (I think it was
in 'sbin' also on CODE11), and the /etc/nrpe.cfg.

I hope this answers your question, if not, be so kind to rephrase,
to help me understand.

The confusion is due to the rename of the nagios-plugins-* to
monitoring-plugins-*. As collateral damage the nagios-nrpe package fell off
the table - it was renamed to 'nrpe' some time ago, and I missed that when
adapting the package lists for the media.
This error has been corrected meanwhile.

        ciao,
          Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX
Project Manager Enterprise Server

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg; GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)