[sles-beta] Thinking about SLES11 migration testing, BTRFS and sub-volumes?

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Tue Aug 19 15:51:16 MDT 2014

Team

Just thinking out loud, please ignore if not relevant to you...

I know that you can do an "in place" migration from SLES11 to SLES12
I know that you can do an "in place" migration of ext3 (the SLES11 default)
to BTRFS (the SLES12 default)

Done correctly an in-place SLES11 => SLES12 should produce a server that is
indistinguishable from a clean install of SLES12 (except for retaining data
etc)

How do you set up the other "default" BTRFS sub-volumes and how do you
move/migrate the existing subdirectories into the default BTRFS sub-volumes.

Is there a migration tool/script that would help to "complete" the ext3 =>
BTRFS migration process?

Darren Thompson

Professional Services Engineer / Consultant

 *[image: cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0]*

Level 3, 60 City Road

Southgate, VIC 3006

Mb: 0400 640 414

Mail: darrent at akurit.com.au <steve at akurit.com.au>