[sles-beta] SLES12 RC2 x86_64 Login possible even though autoyast init-script is still runing

urs.frey at post.ch urs.frey at post.ch
Tue Aug 26 07:43:42 MDT 2014

Hello Thorsten

Thank you for your information.

There may be one thing to consider:

Until now I have in my autoinst.xml these entries under the tag <services-manager>
  <services-manager>
    <default_target>multi-user</default_target>
    <services config:type="list">
      <service>at</service>
      <service>cron</service>
      <service>nscd</service>
      <service>openct</service>
      <service>postfix</service>
      <service>rsyslog</service>
      <service>sshd</service>
      <service>systemd-readahead-collect</service>
      <service>systemd-readahead-replay</service>
      <service>wicked</service>
      <service>wickedd-auto4</service>
      <service>wickedd-dhcp4</service>
      <service>wickedd-dhcp6</service>
      <service>wickedd-nanny</service>
      <service>wickedd</service>
    </services>
  </services-manager>

So I suppose, all these services get started.
But if I do not define services here but script the startup at the end of my autoinst.xml init-script, I may get what I am looking for.

But anyway:
When there is no more synchronization possible between autoinst init-script and start of system services, just this autoinst init-script possibility gets useless and could be thrown out.
>From my point of view, to have the possibility to run a fully unattended installation, the possibility to run autoinst init-script without user login is already allowed, is a basic need.

Best regards

Urs Frey
Post CH AG