[sles-beta] Zypper and a broken Uplink

Josef Reidinger jreidinger at suse.com
Thu Sep 4 02:24:33 MDT 2014

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 10:17:20 +0200
"Günther J.Niederwimmer" <gjn at gjn.priv.at> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is this a good Idea when it is not possible to install a packet from
> the iso when the Uplink is broken.
>
> Yesterday the Uplink was broken and I have to install a packet to
> configure sssd this is not possible. the iso is integrated in
> repositorys.
>
> OK, I don't change the Priority ?
>
> But the only way to install is extract the rpm Packet and install it
> with "rpm -Uhv XXX"

Hi Günther,
in this case zypper have powerful ability to disable all remote
repositories:
zypper modifyrepo --disable --remote

This way it just disable all remote repositories, so you can install
from local one and when you link is up again you can simple enable it
with
zypper modifyrepo --enable --remote

Hope that it helps.
Josef