[sles-beta] DMESG error

Thomas Renninger trenn at suse.de
Thu Sep 4 03:39:38 MDT 2014

On Monday, August 25, 2014 07:54:00 AM tom.su wrote:
> Hi All,
> Does anyone know, what is happen in below issues? Thank you.
>
> 1.acpi PNP0A03:02: ACPI _OSC support notification failed, disabling PCIe
> ASPM
The ACPI _OSC function is missing or wrongly interpreted, ending up in
ASPM (Active State Power Management for PCIe) being disabled.
This could be intended and it should not make much difference in power
consumption anyway. Just ignore if devices work as expected.

> 2.ioapic: probe of 0000:80:05.4 failed with error -22
I remember a similar bug. There it was that the device in SLE11 does
correctly not show up, but in newer kernels it seem to try to poke
the PCI bus/slot wrongly.
-> Should not that bad (if it isn't something else, but you should see
a PCI device not working then).

> 3.mei_me 0000:00:16.0: initialization failed.
Mei driver is evil, but gets better...

   Thomas