[sles-beta] SLES12 x86_64 RC2, /etc/sysconfig/kernel INITRD_MODULES

Julian Wolf juwolf at suse.de
Thu Sep 4 05:35:15 MDT 2014

Hi.

Am Donnerstag, 4. September 2014, 09:14:36 schrieb urs.frey at post.ch:

> IF the method has changed:
> WHERE do I have to define my kernel modules to have them loaded into the
> initrd? Description?

I don't know whether or how this configuration file is still used at some point,
but with dracut you should be able to include kernel modules into the initrd
that way:

"If you need a special kernel module in the initramfs, which is not
automatically picked up by dracut, you have the use the --add-drivers option
on the command line or the drivers vaiable in the /etc/dracut.conf or
/etc/dracut.conf.d/myconf.conf configuration file (see dracut.conf(5))"

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/dracut/dracut.html#_adding_kernel_modules

Regards, Julian

Julian Wolf, Working student
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5 / D-90409 Nürnberg