[sles-beta] Network Interfaces change name between install and first boot

Tom Parker tparker at cbnco.com
Thu Sep 4 13:37:50 MDT 2014

Hello

We are doing some RC2 testing with booting servers using /boot on
microSD cards and / on iscsi with software initiators.

We have run into problems today on our test PC that has 1 onboard nic
and 1 PCI nic with 4 ports.  During the installation process the onboard
nic appears as eth3 but after the first reboot it is eth0.

This is obviously causing havoc with the network setup as dracut is
setting up the wrong interface on first boot and / is not found.

Should I submit an SR for this?

Tom