[sles-beta] Network Interfaces change name between install and first boot

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Thu Sep 4 17:44:12 MDT 2014

Gregory/Team

This would have been my preference also: "Maybe the older style Ethernet
ethx names could become default aliases of the hardware specific names."

I was advised that it was not possible to do, but did not investigate it
myself.

Perhaps some clever crafting of "udev" rules could achieve the same, even
as a "post install" process.

Darren

Darren Thompson

Professional Services Engineer / Consultant

 *[image: cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0]*

Level 3, 60 City Road

Southgate, VIC 3006

Mb: 0400 640 414

Mail: darrent at akurit.com.au <steve at akurit.com.au>