[sles-beta] default user management to ldap

Josef Reidinger jreidinger at suse.com
Fri Sep 5 05:59:05 MDT 2014

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 17:20:00 +0530
"Jigish Gohil" <cyberorg at opensuse.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> The installer does not seem to give option to setup CA and ldap server
> for user management during installation as in previous SLEs, is there
> a way to set default user management to ldap when yast2 users is
> started?
>
> -J

Hi Jigish,
yes, we remove such functionality from installer to have installer
simplier and allow configuration of more complex authentication
methods after boot, where is more easily to fix issues via e.g.
maintenance update.
For such task is there modules like yast2-ca-management and
yast2-auth-client.

Josef