[sles-beta] SLES12 Rc2 x86_64 root disk lvm2 setup btrfs

urs.frey at post.ch urs.frey at post.ch
Tue Sep 9 10:27:40 MDT 2014

Hi Richard

Thank you very much!
I got the error message below, when trying to extend my root fs.

v03er9:~ # btrfs filesystem resize +1.5G /dev/mapper/vg_sys-lv_root
ERROR: can't access '/dev/mapper/vg_sys-lv_root'
v03er9:~ #

> root resizing/extending isn't one of them :)
Your reconfirmation of what I found is very welcome.
In fact resizing the filesystem under a running Linux system would be somewhat acrobatic in terms of keeping consistency of the installed system, configured kernel and bootloader etc.

Thanks a lot
Best regards

Urs Frey
Post CH AG