[sles-beta] Official VMware support and SLE 12 friendly SMT availability.

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Fri Oct 3 14:12:38 MDT 2014

So, with the final release for SLES 12 coming soon, do we have any ETA from VMware about when they will officially support SLES 12, and more importantly, when the option to customize a cloned SLES 12 VM will work?  (We normally deploy new SLES VMs by cloning/customizing a template VM).  I wonder if they will release support for this as an update, or wait for the next release?
Also, will a production-ready release of SMT server supporting SLES 12 be available at or near release time?
Allen B.
--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer