[sles-beta] One last Post in this Beta SLES12

Jiri Srain jsrain at suse.cz
Fri Oct 24 04:19:45 MDT 2014

On 10/24/2014 12:02 PM, Simon Flood wrote:
> On 24/10/2014 10:50, Jiri Srain wrote:
>
>> Yes. If you need to serve both SLE12 and OES (or, in general, products
>> which are available on SCC only and products on NCC only), you need two
>> instances of SMT, one configured against NCC and the other one
>> configured against SCC.
>
> Thanks for confirming.
>
>> I don't understand what you mean "a second instance of SMT
>> running on an existing SMT server"
>
> Can we run two instances of SMT on the same server, one talking to SCC
> and the other to NCC, or do we need to run two separate servers each
> running their own instance of SMT?

You need two (optionally virtual) instances of SLES, one talking to NCC
and one to SCC.

Jiri

> I'm guessing the answer will be the latter since it's the same SMT
> commands regardless of which CC is being referenced.
>
>> SUSE Lifecycle Management Server; our solution for providing maintenance
>> updates for custom-built images; it is part of the SUSE Studio (formerly
>> Appliances Toolkig).
>
> Ah, I was wondering if it was HP Software Licensing and Management
> Solutions since that's what Google found as 5th hit - I guess SUSE need
> to promote their own SLMS a bit more!
>
> Thanks,
> Simon

Jiri Srain
Project Manager
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                            e-mail: jsrain at suse.com
Lihovarska 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 084 659
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 284 084 001
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.com