[sles-beta] SLES11-SP4 beta2 x86_64 - VMware Tools Again ...

Waite, Dick Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Wed Mar 11 01:22:46 MDT 2015

Mike the part I don’t see working in this two horse race is:

VWware Workstation bring out a 11.2.0 which has Tools at say 9-9-3-123456. They control both halves of the interface so they can test this works.

I update to 11.2.0 and try and run with "open-vm-tools", now I know SUSE and VMware are good friends but will then let you know in advance whet has changed in their update ?

The other part is, on some systems I run Workstation 10.n for our own reasons, this runs grand with VMware tools built with 10.n but which version of "open-vm-tools" would I use ? or do you hope the latest "open-vm-tools" will fit all the versions of Workstation that VMware support ?

I don’t see with what application you (SUSE) would expect "open-vm-tools" to run with, maybe knowing that would remove some of the Shades of Grey.

__R