[sles-beta] General information regarding the SP4 update channels

Stefan Behlert behlert at suse.com
Tue Jun 2 05:36:57 MDT 2015

Hi all,

as we are getting closer to the next milestone, I'd like to give you a
short update on where we are currently.

Since RC2 release, we have fixed several nasty bugs, and released some of
the fixes in the SP4 update channels.
Everything you find in these update channels will be on the next media, but
for testing purposes we have releaqsed it until then in the channels.
If you encounter a bug with one of these pacakges that was not present
before let us know. We don't expect one, but... ;)

When we release GMC we will empty the update channels, and start filling it
again after GM with the "real" updates for the final media.

But, as mentioned, until ten we will use it to release some updates early.
Not all, but those packages which we regard as either helpful to be
released early, or critical enough to get them to you faster than a media.

There are more bugs fixed (and going to be fixed) of course than we release
updates, but we cannot release them all.

Thanks for all your testing!

        ciao,
          Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX
Release Manager Enterprise Server

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Nuernberg; GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)