[sles-beta] New kernel available: 3.0.101-63.1

Stefan Behlert behlert at suse.com
Wed Jun 24 16:45:35 MDT 2015

Hi all,

as you have seen in other mails the kernel on the GMC media had too much
debug output written to the log files.
We therefore put a new kernel (3.0.101-63.1) into the SLE 11 SP4 Pool
channels.
You get that channel if you have registered your system.

Installing the kernel from there will give you the same kernel
functionalities you have withthe GMC kernel, just without the unneeded log
output.

Note that we have cleaned the update-channels, as we do not want to have
any outdated update there.
This includes the previously available kernel 3.0.101-64.1 in that channel
which which should not be used.
We do not plan to release any updates from now on until we have the
GoldMaster and start releasing our regular maintenance updates.

For those who need/want the fixed kernel on an iso: We plan to release a
GMC2 with that kernel, but until this happens please register and use the
one in the pool channels. It's binary identical to what you will receive
with GMC2 later.

        thanks,
          Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX
Release Manager Enterprise Server

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Nuernberg; GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)